Worried about taking a paint brush to your own furniture? Have no fear. This introductory class will teach you how to paint, distress and wax your furniture, and best yet, you have your choice of painting your own piece or one of ours! If you paint your own piece of furniture, you will leave with a finished piece. If you want to paint one of ours, you will receive a free Day Pass to one of our open paint days. We guarantee that you will leave this class confident to tackle that next big project…be it your kitchen cabinets or bedroom dresser!
Here are the rules:
- Bring a piece that you will be using for indoor use. Outdoor furniture is sealed with a different process which we touch on but don’t complete during a workshop.
- The size of your piece needs to be within 21 x 21 inches! That means, the largest flat surface can not exceed 21 inches. Really! We want you to take home a finished product without rushing the learning process. Small chairs and side tables are ideal pieces to paint during a workshop. Please don’t be “THAT” person! If you are “THAT” person, we will be more than happy to offer you a piece of ours to paint so that you can learn the process, but we get the pleasure of selling it back to you if you are pleased with your own work (for the price of the unfinished product, of course). If you have a large piece, we are more than happy to sell you two workshop spots (in advance), but you still probably won’t have time to complete a project from start to finish in the allotted time frame.
- No advanced techniques will be taught in our basic class. So if you have plans of layering colors or applying washes, you’ll want to hold out for one of our Advanced Decorative Finishes Workshops.
- If you are taking a kitchen cabinets lesson, bring up to six cabinet doors and/or drawers with you. Don’t worry about any prep work because all of that will be covered during the lesson.
- The workshop fee is for one person (unless you signed up for a couples class). If the hubby (or your bestie, or mom, or sister, or running partner. etc.) wants to come “observe” from the sidelines, they’ll have to pay for they’re own spot. We’re more than happy to send silent observers to enjoy the downtown shops and eateries. It’s super awkward when we have to ask people to leave so PLEASE don’t make us do it.
Paint and supplies provided.
The workshop will last approximately 3 hours. There will be a short 30-40 minute break mid-class for you to grab a bite to eat, enjoy the product in knot too shabby or visit some of the other local shops. You are welcome to bring your own snacks. We have a fridge and microwave that we are willing to share!
*ALL WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!!! FULL PAYMENT IS DUE AT TIME OF RESERVATION AND WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND. PLEASE CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULES IF YOU SIGN-UP FOR ONE OF OUR HIGHLY DEMANDED CLASSES!