- When is the 7th Annual knot too shabby BAZAAR?
- Where is the 6th Annual knot too shabby BAZAAR?
- Why should I apply to be a vendor at the knot too shabby BAZAAR?
- How do I apply to be a vendor at the knot too shabby BAZAAR?
- Interested candidates may fill out an online application form. No tangible items brought into the knot too shabby store will be accepted instead of or in addition to an application.
- When can I apply?
Jun. 16 – Aug. 31, 2018
Sep. 1 – Nov. 30, 2018
(Pending available space)
Dec. 1, 2018 – Jan. 31, 2019
- Priority-registration applications will be accepted beginning 12:00 am Saturday, June 16th and must be received by 11:59 pm Friday, August 31st, 2018.
- Open-registration applications will be accepted beginning 12:00 am Saturday, September 1st and must be received by 11:59 pm Friday, November 31st, 2018.
- Late-registration applications will be accepted (pending space availability) beginning 12:00 am Saturday, December 1st and must be received by 11:59 pm Thursday, Janurary 31st, 2019.
- What can be sold at the knot too shabby BAZAAR?
- All knot too shabby BAZAAR Vendors’ merchandise must be vintage, handmade, or re-purposed. Mass-produced contemporary merchandise, and direct sale items will not be considered for booth spaces.
- Painted furniture must be finished with Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan and/or Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint. Furniture painted with competing brands or homemade paints will be rejected.
- If you are approved as a vendor, that approval does not extend to any items that conflict with the rules above. In some cases, we may ask you not to bring certain items so that we can accept other artisans to the show with minimal overlap. Variety is the spice of life!
- How are vendors chosen?
- Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee after the close of each application deadline. Applicants will receive an email once the committee has made its decision. Please take extra care when describing and photographing your merchandise–the application is the sole representation of your work to the committee. The committee will review your application and will then make their choice based on uniqueness, quality, and target market appeal.
- When will I be notified whether I’ve been accepted as a knot too shabby BAZAAR vendor?
Priority Notification Emails
No later than Sep. 2, 2018
Open Notification Emails
On Dec. 2, 2018
Late Notification Emails
No later than Feb. 2, 2019
- If I have been accepted as a vendor, how do I reserve my booth space?
- Approved vendors will receive an email as soon as possible after the selection process with registration instructions. After being notified, approved vendors must submit their space fee and signed vendor agreement form to register. Registration will not be accepted without both the payment and completed contract.
- Approved vendors are urged to register ASAP after being notified–approval does not guarantee you a space, only submitting the registration fee and completed contract will secure your space.
- How much are registration fees?
- Registration fees vary by date the registration is submitted and the vendor’s choice of location:
(for returning vendors: May. 1 – Jun. 15)
Jun. 16 – Aug. 9, 2018
Dec. 2, 2018 – Jan. 31, 2019
(Pending available space) Feb. 2 – Feb. 9, 2019
|Front Row Space||$80||$90||$115|
|General Area Space||$55||$65||$100|
- What size are the spaces?
- Front row spaces & general area spaces are each 10′ x 10′.
- Half spaces are 5′ x 10′.
- As the event gets closer, we will pair you up with another vendor who selected a half space so that the two of you can coordinate who should bring the EZ-up tent to share.
- What should I bring?
- Vendors are responsible for their own tents, tables, chairs, and displays. The event takes place on a dirt/gravel lot with some grassy patches, so rugs are also recommended to maximize your booth’s visual appeal and comfort. White tents and shade curtains to are strongly encouraged.
- Extra cash: small bills and change.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Tennis shoes or boots and jeans are suggested.
- If you will be using a square or other mobile credit card device, test it out before the day of the event!
- Business cards.
- Read the knot too shabby blog posts on successful booth displays and suggestions for pricing guidelines when they are published.
- Do I need any special permits?
- How should I price my items?
- We STRONGLY suggest you mark your prices down from your regular store/site- exclusively for the knot too shabby BAZAAR. Give customers an extra incentive to visit your booth. If your prices are too high and/or match your online prices, you may not sell as well as you hope.
- Do I have to accept credit cards from customers?
- No, however we highly encourage you to obtain a mobile credit card device.
- In the case that you are unable to offer credit cards as a service, knot too shabby is able to process credit card payments on your behalf for a fee of 10% of the sale price.
- Payments for any credit card transactions handled by knot too shabby will be issued via PayPal.
- We highly discourage you from accepting personal checks.
- Can I split or sublet part of my booth?
- No, all participating vendors must receive approval directly from knot too shabby’s selection committee.
- However, the knot too shabby BAZAAR will offer half-booth spaces–Perfect for vendors with small items or new vendors with fewer items to sell. If you would like to be paired up next to another vendor, you will have the opportunity to request so on the registration form.
- Where can vendors park?
- Vendor parking is available in any of the Glendora Village public parking lots (by Nelson’s Drugstore and behind Classic Coffee) as well on Glendora Ave. north of Bennett Ave. and Meda Ave. We ask that Bennett Ave. by the knot too shabby BAZAAR remains open parking for shoppers and for those who need to easily park to load purchases. Glendora Ave. has a 3-hour parking limit and will be unavailable for long term vendor parking. We will inform you if additional parking facilities become available in some of the adjoining lots.
- Will there be electrical outlets?
- No, there will not be electricity available. Devices that can be powered by batteries are recommended.
- Will the knot too shabby BAZAAR be cancelled?
- The knot too shabby BAZAAR will be cancelled (and not rescheduled) only under extreme weather conditions. We’re talking EXTREME…gale force winds and a hurricane-like downpour of rain. In the unlikely event that the knot too shabby BAZAAR is cancelled, we will be unable to offer refunds. It’s the chance we all take.
- What if I can’t make it to the knot too shabby BAZAAR after all?
- Please clear your schedule before committing to the knot too shabby BAZAAR–registration fees are non-refundable. It’s a good idea to make plans to have someone assist you at your booth, especially so you have someone who can cover for you in case of an emergency.
- Additionally, if you fail to give 1 week’s notice before cancelling, there will be a $50.00 no-show fee. Having gaps in the vendor rows damages customers’ event experience, and each vendor’s potential sales. We STRONGLY encourage you to please have a backup plan in case of emergencies.
- What if I want to teach a demonstration during the knot too shabby BAZAAR?
- Demos are reserved for knot too shabby Guest Instructors. To become a Guest Instructor and teach your own workshop at knot too shabby, please apply here.
- I’m ready to apply to be a vendor at the knot too shabby BAZAAR!
- Yay! Go ahead and fill out an online application form now!