Intern Applications Accepted
We need your help! Knot too shabby is hiring new volunteer interns and we need someone with just the right mix of experience, personality and potential. Maybe it’s you, or maybe you know someone who is the perfect fit. Here’s the scoop:
The internship we offer is a packed position. Having undergone internships in the past where I was nothing more than a glorified chair warmer and paper pusher, we have really worked hard to develop an internship that is filled with learning opportunities that dive both into the creative world of painting but also nurture the business side of learning. Some days are more heavily focused in the retail aspect and others will be occupied with paint projects. Much of it depends on the inventory and customer needs. We also have our interns help execute our marketing plans!
We will teach selected intern(s) the different refinishing techniques using Chalk Paint® decorative paints by Annie Sloan and Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint. Interns will become proficient in wax finishes, staining, painting, advanced decorative finishes, decoupage and more. Schedule will involve one or two days per week for four hours (total) plus limited downtown related special events. Intern will be expected to fulfill a minimum three month commitment. Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Arrive on time to scheduled work day and follow through with intern commitment.
- Refinish a selection of furniture pieces including chairs, desks, dressers, tables, etc.
- Complete various paint and craft related projects such as wood signs, pennant banners, frames, etc.
- Assist with the retail operation as needed
- Learn and assist with marketing development and execution
- Some limited responsibilities may be involved such as working with customers, using the cash register and answering phone calls.
- Assist with the set-up and coordination of customer based workshops.
Interns will sign a non-compete agreement and “commitment contract” and may be eligible for future employment.
- Interviewing, developing and submitting press releases
- Development of bi-monthly e-newsletter (knowledge of constant contact a plus)
- Creation of various marketing materials including brochures, coupons, direct mailers, etc.
- Some customer service follow-up
- Development of annual marketing and business plan
- Other tasks as assigned
The team at knot too shabby is made up of professional business persons who are capable of providing sound leadership, feedback and direction to students. We guarantee a great learning experience to the selected individual!
- receive 20% off store merchandise and discounts off Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan Paint and Supplies (discount varies by product);
- have use of the knot too shabby workshop and in-store stock of paint for personal projects outside of their scheduled work hours;
- may apply to sell refinished items and/or handmade wares (artisan contract rates apply);
- 20% discount of bookings of private parties and workshops;
- free attendance to all workshops (including artisan classes)