From the dogs, to the vendors, to the kids and toddlers, to the team, the volunteers, the artisans…hundreds of people made the 2018 knot too shabby BAZAAR the biggest event, and quite possibly the best ever!
After a week with the threat of rain, we were blessed with a beautiful day full of blue skies and sunny weather. I could write all day long about how great the BAZAAR was last week, but don’t take my word for it. Here’s what others had to say:
“There are so few of these around anymore that have a “small town” feel. Loved the mix of old and new especially since antique stores are going out of business. It’s nice to touch and feel things.” -Linda
“While I liked the vendor booths offered I loved the staff at the Shabby booth doing workshops. While I have used Annie Sloan’s products before it was a great refresher course! Thank you!!” -Valeri C.
“Everything! The Classes. The Different booths. All The Ideas. Clothes Jewelry. Nice community get together. Beautiful Day To Spend With The Ladies.” -Molly E.
“This was my Mom and I’s first trip to the BAZAAR and it was wonderful! We came up for the workshops and to learn more about repurposing furniture and everyone was so well informed and helpful! We feel ready to take on our first project now!” -Bree B.
It takes hundreds of hours of planning and preparation to host this amazing event, many of which are contributed by volunteers! I can’t close out the knot too shabby BAZAAR without giving a shout out to those who give of their time so that everything goes without a hitch!
- Mom and Dad for working the shop and greeting the vendors!
- My man for helping me with all of the heavy lifting and moving of large pieces!
- My girlfriends; Jana, Stephanie and Tanya for waking up at the crack of dawn to blow up balloons and distribute the signs all over town!
- Our interns; Stephanie and Paige for pulling together the ideas, supplies and displays for the knot too shabby demo booth and working tirelessly all day!
- The kids; Drew, Erica, Sam and Molly for being little gofers in the morning and handing out balloons to all the kids.
- Valerie and Gary from the City of Glendora who came down during the week to make sure we had power for coffee!
- Southland Properties and Glendora Florist for opening their restrooms to our vendors.
- Glendora City Mayor, Mendell for coming out and supporting the knot too shabby BAZAAR.
- The many artisans and vintage curators who put their hearts and souls into their pop-up shops to create a marketplace full of inspiration and joy!
- The entire knot too shabby team who came out in full force to pull this event together!
- All of the shoppers who came to show their support!
And, of course to Unfolded, the US Distributor of Annie Sloan Paint who sponsors the knot too shabby BAZAAR by providing the funds so that we could expand and offer even more demos and workshops than years past!
A huge thank-you, also to those who took a few minutes to complete the survey! We pore over every detail of the surveys and listen to what you have to say to make the next event better than the last!
“More variety of food and beverages.” -Christine. L.
“More food trucks. Go back to having more than one a year.” -Amanda W.
A HUGE Congratulations to the winner of our $25 knot too shabby Gift Certificate for completing the survey:
Mark you calendars for the 2019 knot too shabby BAZAAR on April 6, 2019! Until then, happy crafting!