The knot too shabby BAZAAR-a smaller and more intimate affair in 2020
We enjoyed an excellent response to the 8th Anniversary knot too shabby BAZAAR last year. As we prepared for this year’s festival, we were excited about the public response and vendor recruitment. However, like many other artisan and small family businesses, we have been victim to the ever increasing costs of space rental, lot surface safety concerns, city regulations, and lack of reasonable alternative locations. We have been working with a number of great local people to get ahead of these challenges and find collaborative solutions, but with just two months left before the marketplace, we had to make the difficult, but necessary decision to cut back on the number of vendors and location on the corner lot to a smaller and more intimate affair outside the shop.
The knot too shabby BAZAAR began as a way for us to celebrate the creativity of knot too shabby customers and our local community. As the festival has continued to grow each each year, we have reached a turning point. The event has grown too big for our modest staff of 4 to manage during our regular business hours, but not big enough to be a separate business of its own.
We concluded that we could not create the type of shopping experience that would meet our standards and measure up to our reputation for producing quality artisanal shopping experiences that we have nurtured since 2011. We would not have fulfilled our commitment to our customers or to the shabby chic community that we have served for nearly 10 years.
We remain committed to the community of vendors that we have cultivated together — offering our assistance and support to help your business grow.
We realize that this adjustment to the event may be outside the business goals you have established and think that our alternative options might be an even better fit for your business growth. Listed below are four opportunities for you to choose from as a result of this unexpected change. We welcome any questions that you might have and definitely look forward to working alongside your business in the future!
Caitlin & Michele
Have questions?Let’s talk:626-914-1600
Meda Avenue Market Row
A smaller and more intimate shopping event, the knot too shabby BAZAAR will be updated for 2020 to hug the corner sidewalk of Glendora Ave + Meda Ave in front of the knot too shabby store and Frisella’s restaurant.
- April 4th
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Limited to 3 vendors against the brick wall on Meda Avenue and 2 vendors on Glendora Avenue in front of knot too shabby
- Front Row vendors get first pick of spots, then furniture vendors
- Marketing support of knot too shabby team with postcards, social media and web presence
- No business license necessary
- 50% refund of registration fee
- Earn 100% consignment rate on sales
knot too shabby will sell your goods for you. While featuring artisan merchandise on display in our store, you retain ownership of your item until it sells, if it sells. Our staff will provide all the customer service and salesmanship. Normally as the artisan, you’d pay a small fee to the shop as compensation for selling your item, but in this instance, you’ll pay no additional fees.
- Space offered in-store to sell product (excludes furniture) on consignment
- 30-day free* space rental
- *vendor fee covers shop space rental
- No business license necessary
- Earn 80% consignment rate on sales (regularly only 50%)
- Display area for business cards & marketing materials
Friday Night Twilight
Kick off summer in the Glendora Village with extended business hours: Participating businesses will be open EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT until 8:00 pm. Plus, enjoy the community marketing support of Village store promotions on those evenings and special events during the Twilight Hours. Follow #FridayNightTwilight on Instagram and Facebook for updated promotions, store coupons and the special event schedule.
- Set up a pop-up shop during the Glendora Village’s annual summer Friday Night Twilight
- 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Participate in up to 3 Friday evenings
- Will require a valid business license
- You keep 100% of the sales you make
Sometimes you just need the money in your pocket. That’s okay.
- Good old-fashioned digital transfer of funds back to the PayPal account that you originally used to pay for your vendor registration.
- Payment can be expected within 1 week.