What is Shibori?

What is Shibori?

In short, Shibori is an ancient Japanese technique of dying cloth fabrics while using a variety of binding methods to achieve a variety of patterns and effects. Indigo or purple root is the typical dying agent used which offers a rich, deep blue. Believe it or not, at...
A Big Change in 2017

A Big Change in 2017

When I was in college, I worked at a place called Club Disney. It was one of those fly-by-night Disney businesses that only lasted a few years. They had a small handful of locations and I worked at the one in Westlake Village and at the location in West Covina during...
Reminiscing and Reflecting

Reminiscing and Reflecting

2016 started in a hotel room at the Grand Californian Resort with my management team. With a four foot wide white board, a package of colored expo markers and fresh journals waiting to be written in, we tackled the huge task of determining our direction for the...
4 Reasons to apply for the #knottooshabbyBAZAAR

4 Reasons to apply for the #knottooshabbyBAZAAR

On January 1, 2017 Open Registration will begin for new and returning vendors to our annual #knottooshabbyBAZAAR! An event five years in the making, if you are on the fence about participating as a vendor this year, perhaps I can help persuade you into considering...